Monday, November 12, 2012

I Love My New Areas and Companion

Hello Family,


Thanks for the e mails! (more next time preferably) I'm glad everyone's doing well and it sounds great in Draper. You guys are the best family ever. Thanks for all the support. As for me here, I'm great! I love my new areas and companion. Elder Watch, is from the small island of nowea (spelling?), born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand. We're doing great together. It's fun/challenging because we are both new to ZL and our areas. ("white wash") We've been depending a lot on members to show us around and to people. I LOVE my two branches. The first is Erakor. Last sunday was our first there. It wasn't a nice church house like the others here in vila, just a tin roof and coral spread on the floor. The yard it was in was nice. Lots of trees for shade, beautiful day. Also our mission president, President Brewer came with his wife to attend. Throughout the 3 hours I felt the spirit in abundance, more than I had in some more established branches. We're small but there are great teachers. I love President Brewer. He is super deep. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much he knows about the Savior/His life/teachings/attributes. It really feels like he grew up with Him in one home and came here to tell us about Him. I love hearing about his mission. He served amoung  the American Indians. He had 2 areas. First area: 13 months, Second + Last, 11. Harsh conditions, cold and hot. Elder Watch and I went and chatted with him today. He said his goal was to become an Indian. He totally immersed himself. He has such deep love for those people. If you even mention them he'll start to tear up. (larry echo hawk's talk in last general conference got him good) I love the people here. I've learned a lot of things from them that I don't know if I would learn elsewhere. They are so humble and loving. Vanuatu is a great place. It's well hidden for a reason. My other area, Paunganisu is pretty epic. It's the newest branch organized here. It's clear on the other side of the island. When we teach there in our commute going and coming we end up rounding the island. Such good scenery on that drive. Some day you guys have to see this place. The members are so enthusiastic and awesome. The Branch president, Eric and others are more than willing to follow us all day to teach any day. The elders quorum president here, Iaoko is the best. He has such a great story of change. The other day his wife tina, the YW president told me about it. Before his actions were reminiscent of Jacob 2 in the BoM. If you could see him today. He works hard in his calling and has a great family and wife. His wife told me about all the years of praying for her husband with her small son willie. Also a missionary here has an incredible turn around story through missionaries finding him. It all goes back to President Monson's last talk about "People can change". We also look after a small Island called Nguna off the shores of Paunganisu. They are a small unit. We jump on a boat after Sacrament in Paung.... to go over there. We're still learning the places and the people but I love it. My companion is a great blessing to me. We have a blast together. I feel we both have big hearts and help the other one to be better. I hope we can do some great work here. Anyways thats all for today. Love you all. Pray for me to be able to be efficient/organized/dilligent. Thanks for all you do.


 
Elder Sears

 

PS sorry for the $$ withdrawls. vila is expensive and i keep buying stuff for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment