Sunday, September 11, 2011

OK DRUMROLL- MY FIRST TRANSFER

Hello family,

So.... My first transfer! I'm headed to Gaua. It's a small island in the Banks Island group. I feel very lucky to be able to go here. Few missionaries get the chance to go. It's just us 2 missionaries. Also this is the place for watermelon and fresh fish. Also the most "bush" of all the places. Absolutely no power or running water, washing clothes by hand. Pretty awesome. I'll be wan "manbus" (man bush) in no time. So as for this week. It was pretty successful. Work is going well in Fanafo and Palon. We set baptismal dates for 9 people this week! 2 families included. To be honest I'm a little sad I won't be able to attend their baptisms but as long as they take this step it's alright. Also this week the Palon branch held a branch activity. It was really fun. We went to the beach and played beach volleyball and roasted all kinds of meats. So this will definitely be a challenge for me.
As for Guau, Elda Fotukava, the zone leader and close friend of mine here LOVES it. It was his first area. He said when he got transferred he didn't want to leave at all. Also one cool thing is there is another close up island called Mere Lava and we can go over whenever we want to sightsee, teach or whatever. Everyone who has served theresays  it's their favorite.
 A mission is so hard and so rewarding. I know I'll have plenty of aid. This will be kind of a baptism by fire type of learning. It'll be hard but I'll learn quickly hopefully. Anyways sorry for the short e mail. I love you all very much and pray for you daily. Thank you so much for all the prayers in my behalf, I know I've been blessed because of them.

Elda Sia

No comments:

Post a Comment